Sea moss is a type of seaweed used for centuries in traditional medicine and culinary practices but has grabbed eyeballs only recently. There are plenty of rich nutrients in it, some of which include potassium, calcium, and magnesium. One way to incorporate sea moss into your diet is by making sea moss milk, the recipe for which we will share in this brief!
Here is what you will need to make sea moss milk:
- 1/4 cup dried sea moss
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Sweetener of your choice
Please follow the following instructions to whip up sea moss milk:
- First, please prepare the sea moss. You can do that by thoroughly rinsing the dried sea moss in cold water to remove debris or sand. Soak the moss in water for at least 4 hours or overnight. As it expands, it will become soft and slippery.
- Once the sea moss is fully hydrated, drain off the soaking water and rinse the sea moss again.
- Place the sea moss in a blender with 3 cups of fresh water and blend until it becomes smooth and creamy. Congratulations, you have just created the perfect sea moss gel.
- To make the sea moss milk, combine 1/4 cup of the sea moss gel with 1 cup of milk in a blender.
- Add 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract and sweetener to taste.
- Blend everything until smooth and creamy.
You can enjoy it on its own or use it as a base for other beverages like smoothies or lattes. The flavor is slightly sweet and nutty, and the texture resembles almond or oat milk.
There are plenty of health benefits associated with sea moss. One of sea moss's critical benefits is its excellent iodine source, an essential mineral for properly functioning the thyroid gland. Furthermore, sea moss is rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds that help to boost the immune system and protect against disease. And just like oranges, it contains high levels of vitamin C, essential for healthy skin.
The recipe we shared with you in these lines can be easily modified to suit your taste preferences using different sweeteners or fruit juices. But to get the primary ingredient, i.e., the sea moss, you must visit Herbal Vineyards, the finest in the business! With that word of advice, we bid you farewell from this brief!